- Award winning accommodation for 8.
- Absolute seclusion and privacy.
- Direct access to the beach.
- Stunning views over Cape Bridgewater and the Southern Ocean.
- An ideal position for whale watching (June to October).
- A relaxing holiday environment in both summer and winter.
- Weekend accommodation and extended stays (two night minimum).
- All linen provided and beds made up.
Shelly Beach Retreat itself is undisputedly in a "stand out" location making it a very special place to be. Secreted within a Coastal Reserve with stunning unspoilt panoramic coastal views across Bridgewater Bay to the Bridgewater and Nelson Capes, no other house is visible from the Retreat ensuring absolute privacy. Regardless of the weather the endlessly changing ocean view (and the occasional whale) can be enjoyed from one of two decks or from beside the cosy wood fire through the large windows.
The isolation means it is unusual to see other people, or even footprints, whilst walking along the pristine beaches. The 250 km-long Great South West Walk meanders past the property. Sections of this walk can be enjoyed along beaches, rugged cliff tops and through nearby tall eucalypt forests. A large breeding colony of Fur Seals can be viewed from the cliff-tops (boat trips are also available), and native fauna are often sited close to the house.