The house is fully self-contained and is set up as a home for your convenience and comfort. The house has three bedrooms and sleeps a maximum of 8 people. ALL LINEN IS PROVIDED AND THE BEDS ARE MADE UP PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL. The queen-size bedroom has a stunning view across the bay to Cape Bridgewater. The second bedroom is a twin (2 singles) and the third contains two sets of double bunks.
The open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area also has a fabulous view. The lounge room provides comfortable, quality seating for 8 people, a sizable flat screen TV/DVD/IPOD. Reverse cycle air conditioning, ceiling fan and a wood heater set ready to light.
The kitchen is equipped with an electric stove, microwave and dishwasher. Ample pans, crockery and cutlery ensure minimal use of the dishwasher. The pantry is equipped with basic ingredients and condiments.
A sunroom equipped with a second TV/DVD adjoins the bunkroom providing a separate area for children if desired.
Two large decks (one north-facing and under cover and the other overlooking the ocean) have a gas barbecue and outdoor settings.
Shelly Beach and Bridgewater Bay can be accessed directly from the house by a path meandering through native coastal wattle and tea tree. Bridgewater Bay is popular with surfers, while Shelly Beach is favoured by rock fishermen and as its name suggests is noted for its many varieties of shells.
The freshwater Bridgewater Lakes, ideal for swimming, canoeing, sail-boarding and power-boating are five minutes away, as are many interesting geological features including the Petrified Forest and the Blow Holes.
Pets are welcome by arrangement with management.
- Fresh flowers
- Original art works
- Generous rubbish disposal facilities & regular collection
- Telephone: free local calls & paid STD connected by arrangement
- Mobile reception generally unreliable (Optus OK)
- Free Wi-Fi available at the Bridgewater Cafe nearby
- Quality comfortable seating for each guest (maximum 8 people)
- Flat screen TV/DVD
- Reverse cycle heating/cooling unit
- Ceiling fan
- Slow combustion wood fire (set ready to light)
- Dry, chopped wood and kindling provided free of charge from April 1st to November 31st
- Dining table and chairs for 8 people
- Second TV/DVD
- Additional lounge area
- Electric stove
- Electric kettle & toaster
- Coffee plunger
- Large fridge/freezer
- Sufficient glasses, crockery and cutlery to minimise use of dish-washer
- Ample pots, pans, serving bowls and dishes
- Pantry stocked with basic ingredients and condiments
- Dish washing detergent, cleaning products provided
- Cling wrap, alfoil & bin liners provided
- Sharp knives
- 1 Queen size
- 1 Twin (2 singles)
- 1 Bunkroom (sleeps 4)
- Linen/towels provided and beds made up
- Clean under-lays
- Pillows & blankets
- Reading lights
- Chest of drawers & wardrobes
- Bathroom & Toilets
- Spacious shower alcove
- Second separate toilet
- Soap, toilet paper, toilet cleaner & air fresheners provided
- Twin vanity unit with ample storage space
- Extra large well-lit mirror
- Exhaust fan
- Extra towels, hand towels & face washers
- Washing machine
- Stainless steel sink
- Iron & ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Buckets & mop
- Washing powder provided
- Gas barbecue
- Two large outdoor decks (one north-facing & under cover)
- 2 outdoor settings (front & back deck)
- Sun lounges
- Double garage
- Outdoor sensor lighting
- Large grassed playing area
- Beach Access, Swimming, Surfing & Fishing
- There is direct beach access from the house by means of a very well constructed and well maintained path.
- A swimming beach patrolled by the surf club is 2 minutes away by car.
- Swimming and surfing at Shelly Beach is dependent on sea conditions.
- Shelly Beach is recognised as a surf and rock fishing location.
- Licensed café at Cape Bridgewater.